小女子三年积累下的经典俚语(3)
小女子三年积累下的经典俚语(2)
(来源:天涯社区)
(九)
1.i looked high and low for my pen.
我到处找我的钢笔。
2.he got to know the ins and outs of the accidents.
他终于弄清了事件的前因后果。
3.he left his wife high and dry.
他抛弃了他的妻子。
4.if you remain stuck-up,they will often try to pull your leg.
假如你还是目中无人的话,他们会常常想愚弄你的。
5.how can we know whether a person is on the up and up by his appearance!
从一个人的外表我们怎么能知道他是坦率的呢!
6.he‘ll be out and about very soon.
他很快就能到户外活动了。
7.he will not turn the cold shoulder on me when i am in trouble.
他不会在我困难时疏远我。
8.it‘s no use talking to him ,you‘ll only waste your breath.
和谈谈话没有一点用处,你只是在白费唇舌。
9.you gave me an awful pain in the neck.
你真让我觉得讨厌。
10.the lummox has loused up their company‘s whole business.
那个傻大个儿把公司的买卖搞的一团糟。
(十)
1.when he asked me to marry him , i felt in a bind.
当他向我求婚时,我感到很窘迫。
2.she knows her beans in working.
她在工作方面很精通。
3.in his speech mr.brown laid stress on the sagacity of cats.
布朗先生在他的讲座里强调了猫的灵性。
4.the criminal tried to grasp at a straw by feigning mental disorder.
罪犯装疯,企图抓住一根救命稻草。
5.since he is as silly as a goose , he will not get a promotion.
既然他如此的不开窍,他肯定得不到提升的。
6.the mayor really made a slip of the tongue!
市长可真是说溜了嘴了!
7.john‘s friends said he was mistaken , but he stood his ground.
约翰的朋友都说他错了,可是他仍然坚持己见。
8.you can trust him , for he‘s honest through and through.
你可以信任他,他是真正诚实的。
9.trying to study a lesson for one class during another class is like robbing peter to pay paul.
在一节课中读另一节课的功课等于是拆东墙补西墙。
10.facing his enemy , he had to play it by ear.
面队敌人,他只有随机应变了。
(十一)
1.he is in a jam.
他可糟了。
2.i will make it up to you.
我一定会补偿你的。
3.to me it is just peaputs.
对我来讲,这太不值得了。
4.you don‘t have a care in the world.
你不知人间烦恼为何物。
5.i smelled a smell of cooking.
我闻到了烧菜做饭的味道。
6.he ran his horse up the hill.
他策马跑上小山。
7.can‘t you do anything right?
成事不足,败事有余。
8.don‘t nag me!
别在我面前唠叨!
9.i don‘t know what has set my nerves on edge these days.
这几天不知是什么把我搞的心烦意乱的。
10.with things as such ,we‘ll have to let things slide.
事到如今,我们也只好顺其自然了。
(十二)
1.let bygones be bygones.we are still friends.
让过去的过去吧,我们还是好朋友。
2.no big talk with me.i have your number.
别跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你底细。
3.i am the apple of my grandma‘s eye.
我是姥姥的掌上明珠。
4.i wouldn‘t freeload.
我可不愿意白吃白喝别人。
5.i didn‘t know.i was only a shot in the dark.
我不知道。那只是我瞎猜的。
6.why should you always like to rib others?
你为什么总拿别人开心?
7.they drove the car and went out for a spin.
他们开车到外面兜风去了。
8.there must be someone who had put him up to that.
肯定有人怂恿他去干那件事。
9.give me a break。
饶了我吧。
10.take a hike!
哪儿凉快哪儿歇着去吧。
(十三)
1.get over yourself.
别自以为是。
2.get the hell out of here.
滚开。
3.i detest you.
我恨你。
4.you‘re away too far.
你太过分了。
5.you‘ve ruined everything.
全都让你搞砸了。
6.you‘re a pain in the ass.
你这讨厌鬼。
7.you‘re a joke.
你真是一个小丑。
8.you‘re impossible.
你真不可救药。
9.you‘re an asshole.
你这缺德鬼。
10.you‘re a jerk.
你是个废物/混球。
(十四)
1.really?you‘re so bad!
真的吗?你真棒!
2.someday,when your ship comes in ,you‘ll build your dream house.
总有一天,当你有钱时,你会建造你梦想的家。
3.someday you‘re going to have to face the music for your actions.
总有一天,你将不得不承担自己的行为所带来的后果。
4.we could make beautiful music together.
我们也许会是和谐幸福的一对儿。
5.i‘ll speak aganist anything i know to be wrong.
我会对所有我认为不对的事情直言不讳。
6.it‘s supposed to start 6:30 sharp,but i doubt it will.
应该是六点半整的,但是我觉得够呛。
7.the brothers differ from each other in their interests.
这几个兄弟各有所好。
8.stone has always had a crush on baby.
石头一直在爱着宝贝。
9.i am sick of always waiting for you!
你老让我等你,真是烦透了。
10.i‘d like to repair our differences.
我愿意消除一下我们之间的分歧。
小女子三年积累下的经典俚语(4)